Monday, May 31, 2010

Grandma Lindsay

My grandma Lindsay use to live where my parents live now. I was close to my grandmother and would visit her often. When we visited her in the winter we would go to the back door and only be allowed into the laundry room. She did not want her house to get dirty. One of my favorite memories is sledding down the hill by her house in the winter time. After a snow storm the town would close off the hill to allow the kids in town to slide down the hill. This was great for us, not only could we leave our sleds there and not drag them back and forth, we could go in and get warm. My grandmother would often sit in the kitchen and talk to us while we sat on the step to get warm. Frequently she would make hot chocolate for us, the old fashioned kind, cocoa, sugar and whole milk. It was the best! I remember those times with fondness and feelings of longing for the time I got to spend with her.

1 comment:

  1. I love all of these stories. I can't imagine going down that hill. It is so steep. I'm sure it was a blast when you were young and fearless. I wish I could have met your grandma. I love to hear all of the stories you tell about her. Do you have any photos of her?? I don't think I have ever seen one. Thanks for writing these down mom!!

    ReplyDelete